Re: Estimates for Sipm cooling below room temperature

Hi Serguei,

Thanks for the references. In particular the reference to
http://arxiv.org/abs/0807.3220 has a lot of nice data on the 1x1 mm2 SensL
devices. They also show data at fixed over-voltage which shows that the
PDE does not have any intrinsic temperature dependence at fixed
over-voltage. I have added extrapolations based on their measurements to
my paper. It is nice to see that there is good consistency between this
paper and Richard's measurements of the Photonique sensors, so likely
conclusions based on these results can be trusted.

GlueX-doc-1214 has been updated with the new information.

As far ast the Zecotek MAPd-3 device, I am not convinced they satisfy our
requirements, because it is not clear that they are quoting the PDE and
dark rate at the same operating voltage. We need more details to make a
adequate assessment.

Thanks, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab MS 12H5