Tracking Preamp phone meeting proposal

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Everyone,
   It would be very usefull if all people involved in the testing and use of
the first batch of prototype ASICs could get together for a phone meeting
preferably on this Wednesday 16 May. If you wish to join in please give your
availability or alternate possibilities.

The ASICs are expected from MOSIS June 20.

We will stick with the OCQFN package for the prototype runs.

Test socket for this package from E-tec is $ 680 for 1 or $ 510 for 2
delivery 4-5 weeks

We would preferr to test all the ASICs before installation on daughterboard
cards.

John

<lars@phys.ualberta.ca>,
> >      halld-electronics@jlab.org
> > Subject: Re: Change of Shipping address
> >
> > Hi Fernando, Mitch, Elton,
> >
> > The plan we laid out is include in the attached document
> > That is the basis of the current funding for this project.
> > Please check section called "Revised Plan" which has the latest
> > version of the plan.
> >
> > We are over budget on this plan because of:
> > A) Greater than estimated charges for Mitch's student
> > B) Greater cost of the ASICs
> > C) etc.
> >
> > Also we are way behind the timeline envisaged in the plan.
> > This is because the development of the ASIC took longer than envisaged -
> > c'est la vie.
> >
> > In this plan Alberta's responsibility was in the development of the
preamp
> > Card and in its testing. Of course this workd would have been carried
out in
> > strong and close collaboration with the detectors groups concerned.
Mitch of
> > course was going to do the acceptance testing.  As we have Lars and Jan
here
> > I believe this is still a realistic option although now we will be
building
> > on a good first step. But perhaps we should discuss this.
> >
> > I suggest I talk to Lars Holm and we arrange a phone discussion on the
> > issues laid out above as well as Elton's question,
> > some time next week. If you agree could you send Lars & Jan your
available
> > times.
> >
> > Cheers, Jim.
> >

> > On 5/11/07 7:24 AM, "Fernando J. Barbosa" <barbosa@jlab.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Elton,
> > >
> > >     According to my email, no. Perhaps Elke can shine some light into
> > > the subject.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Fernando

Jim

>  ( `,_' )+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=
>   )    `\                                                  -
>  /    '. |                                                  +
>  |       `,              Elke-Caroline Aschenauer            =
>   \,_  `-/                                                    -
>   ,&&&&&V         Jefferson Lab                                +
>  ,&&&&&&&&:       HALL-D 12C / F381       121-A Atlantic Avenue =
> ,&&&&&&&&&&;      Mailstop: 12H5          Hampton, VA 23664      -
> |  |&&&&&&&;\     12000 Jefferson Ave                             +
> |  |       :_) _  Newport News, VA 23606  Tel.:  001-757-224-1216  =
> |  |       ;--' | Mail:  elke@jlab.org    Mobil: 001-757-256-5224   -
> '--'   `-.--.   |                                                    +
>    \_    |  |---' Tel.:  001-757-269-5352                             =
>      `-._\__/     Fax.:  001-757-269-6248                              -

John Schaapman                   Ph: 780-492-3043
Centre for Particle Physics     Fax: 780-492-3408
CEB-158
Mailstop #615
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB