Power updates to civil drawings

Hi Rebecca,

Below are comments to the civil drawings regarding the Hall D clean power,
specifically regarding clean power in the counting house. I have not
received confirmation from Paul Powers on this list, but we were in
general agreement at a meeting that took place a couple of weeks ago.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers, Elton.

o Power labeled as 'gas shed' at 140KVA should be relabeled for the
'utility room' and verify that this is the correct reassignment

o Main transformer at 1500 KVA needs to be updated to 2000 KVA (Paul)

o Hall D envelop of 200 KVA power needs to be added to totals in Paul's
list

o Counting house: Attached is a file with a breakdowm from Chris
- computer racks (assign which ones go on UPS)
- electronic racks (none)

From Joe Beaufait:

o Update clean power service to Hall D (p. EP601) from 400 to 600 A with a
shunt trip main installed, connected to the fire detection system and a
crash button located near the main exit door in the counting house, in
order to bring the hall into compliance with safety practice here at the
lab.

Additional notes:
Along with the change to a 600 Amp shunt trip breaker, it is necessary
to change T5 to a 500kva transformer. Panel CH-L2, which is currently a
standard circuit panel full of 20 amp breakers, needs to be changed to a
GE spectra or equivalent distribution panel. The breakers pre-installed
in the distribution panel need to be:
2 ea 60 amp
1 ea 100 amp
3 ea 150 amp

These correspond to the four platform clean power transformers and two
spares. The 150 amp spares make sure that two 225 amp frames are
installed at the manufacturer. These frames can accept plug-ins that
will adjust their value as required in the future, for any expansion.
They are less than 500$ installed at the time of order but over 1800$ if
ordered after the fact.  These are all the required civil installation
changes. I would suggest that we also include conduit from the spectra
panel, under the floor to the projected secondary transformer locations.
The cost is minimal during the civil construction and will speed
installation as well as relieve congestion along the overhead cable-way.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
12000 Jefferson Ave
Suite # 16