wiki page on design for SiPM base boards

I have a student working on the design of the "base" boards that will
house the silicon photomultipiers for the tagger microscope.  We call
them base boards because their function is similar to the
Cockcroft-Walton bases being used for the FCal phototubes.  The
microscope has 500 fibers being read out by 500 SiPMs, each of which has
its own individually controlled bias voltage.  Besides providing
programmable voltage levels to the SiPM bias circuits, the base board
also houses preamplifiers for the SiPM signals.  The design also
includes readout of the local temperature and supply voltage on the
board, because it is simple and cheap to do.

The student has created a nice web page showing his work on the design.
He also has created some nice tutorial pages on VHDL modeling which
other groups may find useful for their own students.  Most of the
digital design has been completed and simulated.  We hope to have a
prototype by the end of the year.

http://zeus.phys.uconn.edu/wiki/  and go to the link "Design and
prototyping of SiPM electronics".

Richard Jones