Re: Short on the preAmp card (fwd from Yves)

Hall D Electronics:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 14:22:21 -0500 (EST)
From: Yves Van Haarlem <yvhaarle@ernest.phys.cmu.edu>
To: Fernando J. Barbosa <barbosa@jlab.org>
Cc: Gerard Visser <gvisser@indiana.edu>,
     Curtis Meyer <cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: Short on the preAmp card

Hi Fernando,

I tested the cable and found no short, so it has to be on the preAmp. I
only have channel 1 and 2 connected to the postAmp (I soldered them to a
17-ch flat-cable connector and connected it to the postAmp) all the other
channels I left open, so next thing to do is to connect all signal cables
that are populated to the postAmp (in that way they are terminated) and
see if there are still oscillations. I connected the heatsink to the
ground of the HV-distribution board with a cable that has alligator
clamps.

Cheers,
 	Yves