Re: Short on the preAmp card (fwd Yves)

Hall D Electronics:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 16:29:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Yves Van Haarlem <yvhaarle@ernest.phys.cmu.edu>
To: Fernando J. Barbosa <barbosa@jlab.org>
Cc: Gerard Visser <gvisser@indiana.edu>,
     Curtis Meyer <cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: Short on the preAmp card

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply, my answers/findings are below:

>   I don't quite understand your last paragraph but channels 9 through 16 are
> not populated. The two ASICs on top populate channels 1-8 and 17-24.
Here are the resitance I measure (I connect the signal cable to the
preAmp and measure the resistance between OUTA and OUTB on the end of the
signal cable) :

- 16 channels have a resistance of 950 Ohm -> those are the populated ones
- 7 channels are open -> the not populated channels
- 1 channel(#9) has a resistance <5 Ohm (shorted) - I believe this
channel should be open because it is not populated.

>   You also note a block of pulses of 200 mV at 10 MHz. Is this oscillation?
> Do you see such oscillation with the preamp card and interposer powered but
> not attached to the  HV board?
Yes - if i do not connect the interposer to the HV-distribution board I
just see noise (looking like bursts) with an amplitude of 25 mV.

Cheers,
 	Yves