Re: Shaper Boards

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Gerard,

> p.s. Your question about a simple fix prompts me, I should have said it
> earlier... Yves, I recommend that (with the preamp board connected and
> powered but with chamber HV off and no pulser or anything connected) you
> measured the DC voltages on the pins of the second (0.1" header) connector on
> the shaper board. I think you will find that the voltages on the problem
> channels do not match those on the good channels. This would basically
> confirm a cable/connector problem. You could then try to check the cable
> connections directly, though that may be a little difficult without some
> smaller multimeter probe leads than I believe you have.

Here are the results:

pin#   |   Voltage (18 m cable) (V)|  Voltage (Gerards cable - 1.5 m) (V)
=======|===========================|===============================
0      | 0                         | 0
1      | 0.2243 | 0.2292
2      | 0.3120 | 0.3268  --> has problem
3      | 0.2888 | 0.3028  --> has problem
4      | 0.3092 | 0.3237  --> has problem
5      | 0.2543 | 0.2625
6      | 0.2703 | 0.2750
7      | 0.2495 | 0.2613
8      | 0.2480 | 0.2581
9      | 0.2423 | -
10     | 0.2450 | -
11     | 0.2463 | -
12     | 0.2306 | -
13     | 0.2434 | -
14     | 0.2432 | -
15     | 0.2280 | -
16     | 0.2562 | -

The channels wich have a problem are pin# 2,3, and 4. They indeed have a
higher voltage than the other channels. To check the cable is difficult
without a proper probe, as you mentioned. However, both cables have the
same problem which I think points towards a problem with the connector on
the shaper board.

Cheers,
 	Yves