Tracking Detector Tests & Status

Hello everyone,

All the preamp cards now have 59 Ohm to +1.25 V back-termination and the
18 m cables have been modified to enable 16-channel readout from the
shapers.

The FDC and CDC groups now have enough parts for testing their detectors
with the new preamp system. These parts are the interposer boards,
preamp cards (1 anode, 3 cathode for FDC; 1 anode for CDC), 18 m cables
(2 FDC, 1 CDC) and shapers (2 FDC, 1 CDC; optimization of the shapers is
to be completed soon) and SIS flash ADCs.

At our conference call on 2/13/2008, it was agreed to re-schedule the
GAS-2 submission to June 2008. That requires that all the tests to be
performed with the ASIC preamp need to be completed by the end of April
2008. Given these time constraints, and as I am not aware of any
formalized test plans, I suggest we outline a comprehensive test plan
for the CDC and FDC for the next month.

Let me also remind everyone that it takes about 6 months, and this is
aggressive, before preamp cards with GAS-2 chips can be put to use - Jan
2009.

 From the test plan, it should become obvious as to what we need to do
and when.  My suggestion is for each group to develop a test plan within
a week and then coalesce these plans into a single one.

Regards,
Fernando

begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA