Re: SD module

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Gerard,

These are the LTM4604 high efficiency switchers and I understand your
concerns.  These parts are on the top side of the board, and this B
switch module will be adjacent to whatever board is placed in physical
slot 12(PayloadPort2).  There is some room to move these regulators
toward the backplane, and we will consider doing that before the board
is sent for manufacturing.  We have no plans to enclose these devices in
a metal shield, but the regulators are very low profile and it may be a
good idea and the 'shield' could be used for heat sinking, even though
we do not anticipate any cooling problems with these devices.

There have been plenty of updates to the functional description and
specification document for the SD and CTP and the schematics will be
appended to the document.  I plan to post these by Friday.

I could not agree more about your comments regarding a full crate test.
As you know we only have 8 FADC250 and we will not  assemble any more at
the present prototype revision.  There are scores of tests that will be
performed in a few months once we have the SD and CTP prototypes
assembled and installed in our present test stand, and if these
prototypes do not meet or exceed specifications or cause unwanted
interference, we will make corrections for the final production modules.

Regards,
Chris