Summary Agenda Meeting 10/12/99

Note: this is the last time, I will send this out to my private halld-jlab
list. Subscribe to Majordomo halld-jlab.

Preliminary Agenda 10/12/99 9:00 a.m. (Fishbowl)

Housekeeping
  - Mail list (halld-jlab@jlab.org) subscribe if you haven't already
  - Web page http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/ check it out! comments to Elliott

User's Group at Asilomar    Randy Macleod
  - Will collect transparencies from Elton/Alex/web

Calorimeter R&D             Carlos Salgado      Manpower
  - Barrel calorimeter is an open project for the collaboration. Norfolk
State is interested in calorimeter R&D. Presently has a grant from
NASA/Jlab to investigate various options, including a tungsten
powder-scintillating fiber calorimeter. The technology, if successful,
would be of general interest to Hall B and D. Current bottle neck is
manpower. Suggestion is to propose funding for a technician/post-doc to
help with Hall D-specific work.

Update on DAQ R&D           Graham              Cost for Hall D?
  - Elton read proposal and gave feedback to Graham. He will post the
proposal shortly. It can be referenced from our R&D proposal.

Fast Electronics Group R&D  Fernando/Chris      Cost?
  - Fernando has attempted to contact ACAM about specific information
about the F1 TDC. He should contact Paul Smith (IU,ptsmith@indiana.edu)
to limit duplication of effort. Also, he will attend the IEEE conference,
where he can perhaps make important contacts.

Global Trigger              Dave
  - not present

PWA update                  Dennis Weygand
  - Processing is proceeding. Expect PWA fits for perfect detector soon,
and do not anticipate problems. Acceptance corrections shoud be small
(acceptance ~98%), resolution effects are expected to be more important.
Both acceptance and resolution would be included in the Paul's MCFast
detector simulation.

Mini-Workfest               Thoughts on Agenda

Preliminary Topics (Send comments/suggestions)

Mon Nov 8 afternoon (start 1:30 p.m.)  and Tue Nov 9 (all day)
No Particular Order

1. Specifications that drive designs

2. Clock Synchronization (Ed Jastrzembski)

3. Global Trigger (Dave Doughty)

4. ADC Prototype and Design (Paul Smith)

5. Pipe TDC / F1 design issues (Fernando Barbosa)

6. Hall C - limitations to DAQ (Front-End and Filtering) (Steve Wood)

7. Hall B??

8. Hall A??

9. Front-End Processing (David Abbott)

10. CODA Back-end (Randy Macleod)