Brief Summary 12/8/99

Here is a brief summary of our meeting this morning:

o Elton summarized closeout of the Hall D review.

o Everyone introduced themselves and our Russian collaborators told us a
little about their background.

Yevgeniy Solodov (Will give a seminar at 11:00)

Budker Institute for Nuclear Physics, Novosibirsk, Russia
VEPP-2M e+e- collisions up to 1.4 GeV, upgrade plans to 2 GeV

Andrei Gribouchine

Moscow State University
Working on the very forward calorimeter for CMS (2 @ 200 tons each)
Simulation of neutron background in CMS
Interested in PWA analysis
Worked on Fermilab Experiment E672 J/Psi production (1991) based on
          an Argon Calorimeter

Vladimir Samoylenko

Protvino, State Research Center of Russia
Working on Alice (LHC) and COMPAS
 - online trigger
 - offline processing
exotic states
TOF for Hall D
Recently published LED monitoring system for the PHOS (Photon
Spectrometer), electromagnetic calorimeter of high granularity consisting
of 17280 channels of lead-tungstate crystals (PWO)

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab