Hall D Particle ID studies (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:30:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>
To: Samoilen@vxcern.cern.ch, samoylenko@mx.ihep.su, elton@jlab.org
Cc: eugenio@ernest.phys.cmu.edu, Curtis Meyer <cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu>,
     adamsg@rpi.edu, Alex Dzierba <dzierba@indiana.edu>
Subject: Hall D Particle ID studies

Hi Gary, Paul, others,

We are discussing with Vladimir Samoylenko ways in which he can contribute
to the particle ID effort for Hall D. He is also possibly interested in
helping to the Cerenkov development as it must be pursued together with
TOF measurements. Therefore, we suggest it might make sense to form a
"particle id" group which would make sure that all identification is
handled in a consistent way.

Vladimir would also like to do more MC studies to better understand the
requirements for the Physics. I told him that Paul Eugenio is probably the
best contact to obtain the Montecarlo program (MCFast to begin with).

Any suggestions on how best to pursue these goals?

Elton and Vladimir.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab