[Fwd: Re: leftover permanent magnets]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: leftover permanent magnets
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 15:59:47 -0500
From: Philip Martin <pmartin@fnal.gov>
To: Elliott Wolin <wolin@jlab.org>
CC: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Alex Dzierba <dzierba@indiana.edu>,Carol A
Weissert-jagger <peaches@fnal.gov>,Debra L Cobb <cobb@fnal.gov>

Elliott-
I have contacted Carol Weissert-Jagger in our Business Services Section who
handles
shipping, for a cost estimate for you.  I just got back from seeing the magnets
and
doing a preliminary radiation survey.  We couldn't get to the sides or the far
ends, but the ends of four of them do show counts above background, but less
than
0.05 mR/hr at 1 foot.  They will of course need a complete survey when they are
removed from the building, but my guess is they will all be in the low Class 1
range (except the one that never saw beam.)  The hottest one, from the end we
could
see, had a Class sticker from last August showing either 0.1 or 0.2 (I don't
recall
for sure) mR/hr at 1 ft.

I will check into the Form 120.   I assume that's something Carol doesn't
handle.

Phil

Elliott Wolin wrote:

> Dear Phil,
>
> If we decide we want the 5 magnets (still deciding) our property folks say
> Fermilab has to fill out a form 120, Report of Excess Property, before we can
> fill out a form 122, Transfer Request;  then they can be shipped (also need
> radiation survey, of course).
>
> Who would fill out the form 120 on your end?  Do we need to contact anyone?
>
>                                 Sincerely,
>                                         Elliott

>    Help feed the hungry, one click at a time:  http://www.thehungersite.com
>
>     "Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind"

n:Wolin;Elliott
tel;fax:757-269-5800
tel;home:757-229-2724
tel;work:757-269-7365
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Jefferson Lab;Physics Department
version:2.1
email;internet:wolin@jlab.org
title:Physicist
note:A218 CEBAF Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;12000 Jefferson Ave MS12H=0D=0A;Newport News;VA;23606;US
x-mozilla-cpt:;21408
fn:Elliott Wolin
end:vcard