Radcon boundary dose for increased wall thickness Jul 19

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab

Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:55:39 -0400
From: Pavel Degtiarenko <pavel@jlab.org>
To: Elliott Wolin <wolin@jlab.org>
Cc: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Bob May <may@jlab.org>
Subject: Re: Last results

Hi Elliott,

The result is encouraging: if we make the first 5m above ground of the wall 50 cm
thick, the max. dose rate outside the Hall will be less than 20 urem/h at this low
level. It will be higher for those who will stay above this 5m level (e.g. roof of
the counting house, or top of the beam dump outside), but these areas should not be
occupied that much. The boundary dose has also decreased from 1.5 to 1.0 urem/h
(roof and walls are 10 cm). The dose rate is smaller at the upstream portion of the
outside Hall, where the counting house is planned to be placed. We may expect more
or less 'comfortable' 2-5 urem/h inside the building.

Regards,
Pavel