APS Division of Particles and Fields Announcements (fwd)

Monte anyone?

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:55:46 -0500
From: dpf@aps.org
To: ELTON@JLAB.ORG
Subject: APS Division of Particles and Fields Announcements

Message to members of the American Physical Society's
Division of Particles and Fields, authorized by
Nick Hadley, Secretary/Treasurer, DPF.
***************************************
Workshop on Monte Carlo Generator Physics for Run II at the Tevatron
                     Fermilab, April 18-20, 2001

Run II at the Tevatron, with first collisions in Spring 2001, will be the
focus of an ambitious physics program, covering a vast range of topics,
including B physics, QCD, Electroweak physics, the study of the top quark
and searches for the Higgs boson, supersymmetry and other new physics. The
subjects that will be studied are at the forefront of our present
understanding of particle physics, and continued development of Monte
Carlo tools is a necessity for this research program.

A Workshop on Monte Carlo Generator Physics will be held at Fermilab from
April 18th to April 20th, 2001, to bring together experimentalists from
CDF and D0 with theorists who are developing both general purpose event
generators, matrix element tools or other Monte Carlo tools.  The workshop
will focus on the present status of Monte Carlo tools, foreseen short- and
medium term developments, and identification of areas of need.

For further information, including registration information, please
consult

            http://www-theory.fnal.gov/runiimc/

Members of DPF:

The DPF Executive Committee occasionally forwards notices
of conferences that may be of interest to our members.  We believe
that the meeting described above meets this condition.

The meeting is being held under the auspices of those described, and
is not an official meeting of the American Physical Society nor the
Division of Particles and Fields.  Communications regarding the
meeting should be addressed directly to the organizers.

Nick Hadley
Secretary-Treasurer DPF

To remove yourself from all unit email list, please go to:
 http://www.aps.org/cgi-bin/scrproc.pl?MID=SM354982                                                         &AFR=2&ALT=2