JLab Hall D project staffing needs

                  JLab Hall D Project Staffing Needs
                  ----------------------------------

                                        E.Wolin
                                        9-feb-2001

This note is an addendum to my previous note on JLab construction
staffing needs ("JLab Hall D Staffing Needs", 15-nov-00).  Below I
estimate the number of project staff needed during construction and
installation of Hall D, excluding temps.  In the previous note I
covered permanent staff.

I only cover mechanical, electrical, and electronics staff.  I base my
estimates on Paul Brindza's original estimates.

TDY means "termpory duty", i.e. someone temporarily assigned to Hall D
from another department.

Below I assume the "fast track" scenario for Hall D construction
(slightly earlier completion than in my previous note).  The
information below also appears in Elton's Hall D cost/manpower
spreadsheet.  Note that under this scenario no project staff are
needed after FY06.

-----------
Spreadsheet
-----------

Funding Year             |  01   |  02   |  03   |  04   |  05   |  06

Hall D Staff (TDY)
------------------------
Plant engineer           |       |   1   |  1    |  1    |       |
Subtotal                 |       |   1   |  1    |  1    |       |

Hall D Staff (Project)
------------------------
Mechanical designer      |       |  0.5  |  2    |  2    |  2    |  1
Mechanical technician    |       |       |       |       |  1    |  1
Welder                   |       |       |       |       |  1    |  1
Electrical technician    |       |       |       |  1    |  3    |  2
Subtotal                 |       |  0.5  |  2    |  3    |  7    |  5

Total                    |       |  1.5  |  3    |  4    |  7    |  5
n:Wolin;Elliott
tel;fax:757-269-5800
tel;home:757-229-2724
tel;work:757-269-7365
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Jefferson Lab;Physics Department
version:2.1
email;internet:wolin@jlab.org
title:Physicist
note:A218 CEBAF Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;12000 Jefferson Ave MS12H=0D=0A;Newport News;VA;23606;US
x-mozilla-cpt:;21408
fn:Elliott Wolin
end:vcard