Meeting Wed Dec 12 / Testing of F1 prototype

Meeting Wed Dec 12 / Testing of F1 prototype

At our last meeting, we decided to begin discussions on how to test the F1
prototype. Dave Abbott agreed to lead this discussion.

One option would be to input a precise clock into each channel and measure
the jitter relative to the expected clock edge. This would be similar to
measuring a submultiple of the RF clock frequency, which we do in Hall B
as a reference for precise time-of-flight timing. This would allow us to
measure jitter, linearity, frequency response, etc.

Some references that might be useful from our Hall B experience are given
below:

CLAS-NOTE 091-022 "FASTBUS TDCs for the CLAS TOF"
CLAS-NOTE 093-014 "Tests of Pre-production Lecroy 1872A TDC"
CLAS-NOTE 093-017 "Calibrating CLAS FASTBUS TDCs"
CLAS-NOTE 095-002 "First-Article Testing of LeCroy 2313 Discriminator for
                   PMT Applications"
CLAS-NOTE 096-020 "Performance Testing of the Drift Chamber Pipeline TDCs"

Cheers, Elton.

Jefferson Lab