Re: Pion energy deposition (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:14:14 -0500
From: James Hubbard <jhubbard@mcs.uvawise.edu>
To: David Doughty <doughty@pcs.cnu.edu>,
     Dr. Richard Jones <jonesrt@uconnvm.uconn.edu>,
     Dr. Scott Teige <teige@dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu>
Cc: Dr. EltonSmith <elton@jlab.org>
Subject: Re: Pion energy deposition (fwd)

Hello everyone,

Dr. Teige thanks for the information.  I'm attaching a plot from our data for
just a pi+. I've moved all of the non interacting pi+'s off of the graph.

This is what I'm getting for the X(1600) -> n pi+ pi- pi+.  The data is for a
single track.  The graphs for the other pi- and pi+ are basically the same.

Total Events 9851
Non Inter:	2170	 22%
.1 - .2		2154	 22%
.2 - .3 	1008	 10%
 > .8		75	0.7%

There seems to be quite a bit of difference between what we're getting and what
Dr. Teige is getting.

James Hubbard

David Doughty wrote:

> [...]

GIF image