PC104 for Hall D magnet controls (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:20:14 -0400
From: Elliott Wolin <wolin@jlab.org>
To: Paul Smith <ptsmith@indiana.edu>, Alex Dzierba <dzierba@indiana.edu>,
     Scott Teige <teige@dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu>
Cc: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>
Subject: PC104 for Hall D magnet controls

Hi,

We just heard an interesting set of talks on PC104 cards for controls
applications.  These are basically 486-compatible cpu's and peripherals on 4" x
4" stackable cards, no crate or backplane needed.  They could form the
foundation of the Hall D magnet control system, or even the entire Hall D
control system.

Please pass this note on to whomever will be working on the magnet
controls...he/she can contact me for more info.

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

    "Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind"

               "Secular man, by playing God, becomes the devil"

Elliott Wolin
Stalag 602-11
Gulag ARC-ipelago

n:Wolin;Elliott
tel;fax:757-269-5800
tel;home:757-229-2724
tel;work:757-269-7365
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Jefferson Lab;Physics Department
version:2.1
email;internet:wolin@jlab.org
title:Physicist
note:A218 CEBAF Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;12000 Jefferson Ave MS12H=0D=0A;Newport News;VA;23606;US
x-mozilla-cpt:;21408
fn:Elliott Wolin
end:vcard