Re: Meeting Wed apr 16 9:00 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:51:16 -0500 (EST)
From: Paul Smith <paul@xanadu.physics.indiana.edu>
To: elton@jlab.org
Cc: wolin@jlab.org, ptsmith@indiana.edu
Subject: Re: Meeting Wed apr 16 9:00

Could you add to tomorrows agenda some discussion of the review of GlueX
electronics by someone from outside the experiment?  Specifically, what dates
would work for the Jlab folks and Dave Doughty; and who would we invite to do
the review?

Re: preamps, it is certainly a good idea for Fernando to start looking at them.
Don't forget the VLPCs and the HPDs need preamps, as well as tracking chambers.
Some channels need a good timing output instead of or in addition to energy.

I'd be surprised if the # of channels in GlueX is adequate to justify the
NRE charges for an ASIC.  Fernando should look at the ASICs used in ATLAS & the
other CERN experiments as well as the FNAL and BNL devices.

Paul