Re: your mail

I agree with all your comments
Alex

At 1:44 PM -0400 5/9/03, Elton Smith wrote:
>HI Alex,
>
>Generally this looks good. I have a few commnets below:
>
>Elton.
>
>On Fri, 9 May 2003, Alex Dzierba wrote:
>
>>  Dear Colleagues
>>
>>  Now that the dates for the GlueX electronics review are set (July
>>  23-24) we need
>>  to organize our preparation.  In the short term this includes:
>>
>>  1.  Draft of letter from Larry to Andy and Glenn specifying the
>>charge and the
>>  format of the review.  - It would be nice to close on this today so
>>  that the letter
>>  could be sent early next week from Larry.
>>
>>  2.  A preliminary agenda with topics and possible speakers.
>>
>>  Both issues discussed below in more detail.  Please make comments
>>
>>  Alex already Fedex'd copies of the DR to both Andy and Glenn.  We
>>  should arrange
>>  to send additional material to them by July 7 which means that we should
>>  documents ready for internal editing done by July 1.
>>
>>  Finally, you might want to look at this nice review note by Andy
>>Lanford.  It
>>  is precisely the type of overview appropriate to a review at this
>>stage.   We
>>  will try to find an electronic version but in the meantime we can send out
>>  hard copy.
>>
>>  DEVELOPING AND COMMISSIONING BABAR ELECTRONICS.
>>  A.J. Lankford for the collaboration. SLAC-REPRINT-1999-137, 1999.
>>  Prepared for 5th Workshop on Electronics for the LHC Experiments (LEB
>>  99), Snowmass, Colorado, 20-24 Sep 1999. In *Snowmass 1999,
>>  Electronics for LHC experiments* 23-35.
>>
>>  Alex Dzierba and Paul Smith
>>

>>  **************************************************
>>  ----- Charge and letter ------
>>  **************************************************
>>  We start here w/ Elton's draft charge:
>>
>>  ---------------------------------------------------------
>>  Is our electronic design sound, and are any special areas of concern that
>>  deserve special study?
>>
>>  Do we have a roadmap, including milestones, which will guide us to a final
>>  electronics design which will meet the needs of the GlueX experiment?
>>
>>  Are there any major items missing in our list of R&D tasks, and is the
>>  priority given to each appropriate at this stage?
>>
>>  Are there technologies or developments which we have overlooked and may
>>  allow cost savings and/or improved technical performance?
>>  ---------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>  We think that this is fine with the exception of item #2 to which
>>the answer is
>>  clearly no at this stage.  Instead we should ask for guidance on what
>>  we need to
>>  concentrate on in preparing for a serious Lehmann review.  Alex
>>  mentioned this to
>>  both Andy and Glenn and they agreed this is a good approach.
>>

>this is fine. however, we should also start putting together a draft of
>possible milestones.

> [...]

Alex R. Dzierba - Professor of Physics
Department of Physics - Indiana University - Swain West 117
727 E 3rd Street - Bloomington, IN 47405-7105
Office - (812)855-9421   855-0440 (fax)
Cell - (812) 327-1881
Home - (812) 825-4063  (812) 825-4152 (fax)
Secretary:  Donna Martin (812) 855-2785
dzierba@indiana.edu
http://dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu/~dzierba
Visit the College: http://www.indiana.edu/~college/