Hall D FDC test setup status (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:10:19 -0400
From: Elliott Wolin <wolin@jlab.org>
To: Rafail Yarulin <rafail@jlab.org>, Dan Carman <carman@jlab.org>,
     Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Chris Cuevas <cuevas@jlab.org>,
     vardan Gurjyan <gurjyan@jlab.org>, Dave Abbott <abbottd@jlab.org>
Subject: Hall D FDC test setup status

Hi,

I deposited an SFI module on the desk next to the IU chambers.  When Dave Abbott gets back
(Mon) I hope he'll give us a VME cpu.  Ed has a TI module for us. Dave and/or Elton have
fastbus adc's and tdc's.

Dave installed the CODA software on the computer (lucy.jlab.org) and Vardan and I have
most of it running...a few problems remain for when Dave returns.

The main problem is the fastbus crate...Elton says he'll hunt one up when he gets back
from Glasgow (a week from this Monday).

I've done nothing about NIM logic for the test setup trigger, nor anything concerning HV
power supplies for the chambers.

I'll be out (meeting in Glasgow, then visiting relatives in New Jersey) until a week after
Elton returns.

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

     "Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind"

                "Secular man, by playing God, becomes the devil"

Elliott Wolin
Stalag 602-11
Gulag ARC-ipelago