Power&Grounding and Gas system

Dear collaborators,

In preparation for the collaboration meeting and the detector review, we
need proposals for the power&grounding system in the hall and the gas
system which will feed the drift chambers and Cerenkov counter. Chris
discussed general aspects of the power and grounding scheme for Hall D at
our meeting yesterday. The idea is develop a document similar to one
written for CLAS (see
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-B/notes/clas_notes91/note91-021.pdf), but
augmented to include a discussion of grounding requirements for the
building. The goal is to have a preliminary drafts of both proposals by
mid- August so it can be discussed at the collaboration meeting in early
September.

Brian Kross (with the detector group) has taken on the responsibility for
the Hall D gas systems for the drift chambers (CDC and FDC) as well as the
Cerenkov counter. We also need a draft proposal of the system by mid-
August. I propose that we have preliminary discussions on this topic next
Wednesday (Aug 4) to discuss the basis for the proposal. For the purpose
of the discussion, I propose that we assume the drift chambers will use Ar
CO2 and the Cerenkov counters will use C4F10. Of course whatever system is
actually implemented will need to be flexible to provide gases that
satisfy the resolution requirements of the respective detectors.

Cheers, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab

Jefferson Lab