[GlueX] HALL D COMPLEX CONCEPT DRAWINGS COMENTS (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:16:30 -0500
From: Eric Scott <ebscott@indiana.edu>
To: IU Hall D Listserver <halld-collab@dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu>
Subject: [GlueX] HALL D COMPLEX CONCEPT DRAWINGS COMENTS

Comments on Hall D Complex:

We still have the beam 12' above the floor. Is this necessary?

For better visualization and comments it would be nice if the equipment
was overlaid.  We would need two different views:  Running condition and
Extracted or opened maintenance condition.  Some indication of the cryo
runs would also be useful.  (A3, A5)

An elevator between the counting house and the hall would be nice. Its
only about 14' from the floor of the counting house to the hall floor,
but the only way to move one rack or a couple of power supplies into the
hall is to carry them down the stairs or open the large door.

The rollup door access to the hall is a low spot, water management /
drains? (A1)

On the TOPO site plan it indicates that a ditch runs right through the
hall site. Where is this ditch being diverted to, or is it? (A1)

How does the cryo run to the Solenoid? Where are its control racks going
to be located? There was an upper story room over the counting house for
this at one point. (A3) Is everything moved to the CRYO PLANT? (C1)

Is there supposed to be an access labyrinth into the collimator
enclosure next to the hall? (A3)

The south H.M. Door needs an access labyrinth. (as drawn we have a large
ODH area with one exit stair access only...)

Railroad rails embedded in the floor for the downstream equipment to
ride on would help. (A3)

Grounding system in the floor of the hall? (A3)

How much wasted space is over the crane (8'?)? Can we move it up and
give ourselves a little more hook height? (A5)

The "normal access" to the tagger is past the beam line through the
tunnel extension. It looks like it would be very tight to carry any
equipment through there. (A6)

Don't we need a cable tray/ pipe that runs between the hall and the
Tagger enclosure? (A2, A6)

Are we planning on putting the Tagger magnet power supply in with the
Tagger? Or should there be a power supply shed somewhere? (A6)

Why is the counting house only one story? It looks cramped now and we
are not even using it yet. (A7)

6 office spaces, no meeting space. No visiting user areas or provisions
for future downstream experiments. (A7)

The counting room has provisions for a depressed floor with access
flooring but no mention of labyrinth penetrations into the hall for
direct wiring. (A7)

There is no door or elevator between the control room and the hall. (A7, A3)

There is no shower in the counting building. (A7)

Windows in the control room looking outside? (A7)

Cheers,

    Eric