Re: Geant4

Hi Richard,

	I certainly agree that it would be foolish for anyone nowadays to
write their own XML parser. Presumably, they would use something like
xerces to do it for them in a way similar to HDGeant (though they might
consider integrating xerces with the Geant4 simulation directly so
geometry changes wouldn't require re-compilation).

	I would strongly second your suggestion that we make a standard
output format a requirement. I have not got as far as looking at hddm yet,
but that appears to be the choice at present. It appears clear from
conversations I've had recently that an standard analysis framework of
some type is one of the next things that needs to be developed. It would
make zero sense, IMHO, to do start diversifying output formats as opposed
to converging them.

-Dave

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[