Re: ReSAM job submitted

Matt,

It does not take much time at these low energies.  Let's look at 30ms /
50MeV.  So at 3 GeV in the barrel we are at 1.8 seconds.  Not
prohibitive I guess, but it is a rather substantial factor.  When we go
to G4 I expect something like another factor 2 more cpu per shower GeV.
Point is, if we need to we can always buy another factor 2 of simulation
hardware.  Maybe we need some criteria.  There is a similar issue in the
forward showers (effective response vs. Cerenkov following).  The cpu
cost for tracking there is on the same order of magnitude: ~0.5s / GeV.

Richard J.

Matthew Shepherd wrote:

> Hi Blake and Richard,
>
> If the full simulation of the fibers/shower in the BCAL only takes
> 0.03 seconds per event, what is the argument for not building this
> directly into the mainstream GlueX simulation instead of trying to
> parametrize these effects?
>
> -Matt

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature