Re: Simulation update at collaboration meeting

Hi Richard,

    This sounds very relevant. The one issue is the time. We have a
total of 1.5 hours to discuss everything regarding offline software. If
we put the talk there, then I think we will need to try and squeeze it
down to no more than 20 minutes total (including questions). The other
option is for you to present this during the beamline section on Friday
afternoon. I'm not sure who's chairing that, but that schedule may also
be tight. What do you think?

Regards,
-David

Richard Jones wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Yes, I would like to address the question, "What are the beam
> intensity limits coming from detector simulation?"  This question came
> up several times in the context of end-point physics at the PHP
> conference in March.  Part of the answer to this question lies in the
> ultimate rate capabilities of the detector elements, especially the
> forward detectors, and the other part concerns the development of
> specific triggers that are adapted to the specific reactions of
> interest.  As a first step, I will present something on the first
> issue: 20 minutes + 10 for discussion should be sufficient.
>
> Richard J.
>

> David Lawrence wrote:
>>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>>    Is there anything you'd like to present or discuss during the
>> offline software section of the collaboration meeting next week
>> (Thurs. May 8th)?
>>
>> Regards,
>> -David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[