Software Meeting Minutes

Hi All,

	Here are some notes I took at today's meeting. (They're a little
sparse.)

-Dave

Attendees: Ed Brash, David Lawrence, Richard Jones, Franz Klein, Paul Eugenio,
Ryan Mitchell, Zisis Papandreou.

Agenda:

1. Specific Simulation needs and assignments  - Ed Brash
2. Source code directory structure            - David Lawrence
3. Required architectures for test suites     - David Lawrence

EB: What is needed simulation wise. Curtis sent a message this morning
about hdds bugs (involving materials and mixtures)
RJ: Details or fundamentals?
PE: We modify the MCFast DB for custom mixtures. We should make our own custom
HallD file.
RJ: In hdds type "make hddsMCfast.db" which is a complete database which
contains everything HDFast needs. This works around a limitation of
the MCFast design.

-- More conversation on details about how to incorporate materials
in HDFast --

RJ: I've heard of tarballs of HDFast being passed around rather
than using the CVS repository.
PE: The tarball was a one time loan that apparently got copied
around.

-- Discussion on where to keep MCFast (and accompanying packages)
CVS?, Web?, ... Paul will bring CVS up to date for gcc3.

RJ: Need to clearly establish which questions we need to answer
with simulation and what information is needed. Any questions which
need HITS info can be answered by HDGeant. Do we also need HITS
from HDFast?
PE: Perhaps not if it can be obtained by HDGeant. There is though,
lots of information available from MCFast traces which is available.
EB: This kind of info is important for timing studies.

-- Meeting time running short --

DL: I'll send out announcement of proposed plan for directory structure
so we can start a conversation.

ZP: Will get together with RJ to transfer forums from UConn system to
new gluex portal.

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[