Re: GlueX Software meeting

Hi Elton -

  the review committee said that full reconstruction would be
great, but they also recognized the time scales involved in that.
My reccolection of this is as follows:

1)  Get all the material into GEANT as accurately as we can
    and move towards moving towards that for our studies.

2)  Move towards reconstruction as quickly as we can, but clearly
    the cheat codes is the right start for tracking. The calorimetry
    could probably be done more accurately, but we still need to
    understand the readout segmentation for the BCAL.

I heard (1) as something that we could do in the short term, while
everyone recognizes that to do (2) correct is going to take some
time -- curtis

On Mon October 25 2004 17:36, Elton Smith wrote:

> HI Dave,
>
> One item that we discuss is the full reconstruction which the review
> committee recommends we work on. I can say a few words about this.
>
> Cheers, Elton.
>

> Elton Smith
> Jefferson Lab
> elton@jlab.org
> (757) 269-7625
>
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, David Lawrence wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > **** ROOM CHANGE *****
> >
> >    Here's a (second) reminder about tomorrow's Hall-D Software meeting at
> > 1:30pm. You can connect via VRVS, send me your phone number and I'll
> > connect you, or come by ARC 428 if you're on site (note the room change).
> >
> > The current agenda is:
> >
> > 1. calibration database wisdom    Mark Ito
> > 2. task updates                   All
> >

> > Regards,
> > -Dave

> >   David Lawrence Ph.D.
> >   Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
> >   Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
> >   http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[

Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University
Fax:    (412) 681-0648            Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890
cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu  http://www.curtismeyer.com/