GlueX Software Meeting minutes

Hi All,

    Here are the minutes from yesterday's software meeting. These can
also be found on the web at:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/July_31%2C_2006_Software

and

http://www.jlab.org/~davidl/HallD/Minutes/

Regards,
-David

GlueX Software Meeting
July 31, 2006

In attendance:

David L.,  Simon T., Matt S., Richard J.,

The meeting agenda is posted on the Wiki at:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/July_31%2C_2006_Software

Agenda:

1    Calibration Database (Nicolay)  -- postponed til next week
1.5  FCAL channel count
2    Reconstruction code schedule (all)
3    AOT

Future meeting suggestions (held over from last time):
- Coding standards
- Smart pointers
- BCAL beamtest simulations

Calibration Database
-----------------------

Nikolay has done some work here and posted adocument as well as
some source code to the DocDC as GlueX-doc-672.

Unfortunately, Nikolay was ill on the day of the meeting so his
presentation had to be postponed until next week.

FCAL Channel Count
---------------------
Matt reported that after some discussions with Richard, they
have agreed on a new channel count for the FCAL. It is
significant increase from ~2200 to ~2800 blocks.

Reconstruction code schedule
-----------------------

In the aftermath of the recent Lehman review and with anticipation
towards next summer's reviews, we need to maintain the core
reconstruction code as a high priority within the software
group as well as the collaboration at large. As a driver to
development, we will be having another software workshop this
fall. In trying not to conflict with the BCAL beam test, it
was suggested (by David) that we have the workshop
on November 9-11 (Thurs.- Sat.) Matt mentioned there was something
on his schedule about a physics meeting on those dates, but he
hadn't heard anything on it for a while so it was unclear if
that was still planned. David volunteered to send out an announcement
to solicit feedback from the collaboration on the dates.

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[