Re: Comment on Resonances

Hi Curtis,

I agree with your statements regarding broad resonances.  In general
it isn't meaningful to talk about a particle coming from a parent
resonance since there is the potential for many interfering
amplitudes.  It is impossible to even try to figure out how one would
write such a decay tree in the Monte Carlo.

I think the most important thing is for narrow particles like eta,
pi, etc. to have "tagged" decays.  This is most useful when it comes
to understanding issues regarding backgrounds and signal selection
efficiency

I'm not sure how kinematically separated excited baryon production is
either, but perhaps this is another place where some MC tagging could
help in understanding backgrounds.

Cheers,

-Matt