Radiation length plots

Hi Richard,

    I am trying to reproduce some of the plots you showed at the last
collaboration meeting on the integrated material in radiation lengths as
a function of z. I am doing this using the mcTrajectoryPoint structures
which includes the radiation length of the current material in the
current step (RADL from GCMATE common) and the step size (STEP from
GCTRAK common).

    One problem that I'm having is that, I do no see any gradual slope
in areas with air such as between the FDC packages. In your plots, I can
see some slight slope as one would expect.

    I'm also a little confused that on your plot of 0 to 0.5 degrees, a
single FDC package looks to be right about 1% of a radiation length.
Looking at the HDDS files for the geometry used at the time of the DC
review (which I think is the geometry you used for these plots) I get
1.32% of a radiation length per package.

    My questions for you are:

1.) Exactly how did you produce the plots you showed at the
collaboration meeting?

2.) What geometry did you use to produce those plots? (Was it the
current one in SVN at the time of the collaboration meeting?)

Thanks.

Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[