GEANT-based momentum resolution table

Hi All,

    I have placed a table containing the most recent momentum resolution
results from GEANT-based studies in the repository. It is in the form of
a ROOT file(~8MB) and some code to read it. There is an example program
called hdparsim.cc with some detailed comments which should get you
started. The main feature is a routine of the form:

bool Smear(int geanttype, TVector3 &mom);

which takes the geant particle type and initial momentum as input and
overwrites the momentum values with ones smeared randomly according to
the resolution for the given inputs. The return boolean can be used to
decide whether or not to keep the event based on the reconstruction
efficiency for the given inputs.

At this point, the geanttype value is ignored and are there only for
future expansion. The format was designed such that we will expand it to
include an option to derive the resolutions from parametric calculations
where possible design modifications can be more easily incorporated.

To get the code do this:

svn co
https://halldsvn.jlab.org/repos/trunk/src/programs/Simulation/HDParSim

-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[