Tagged releases

Hi All,

    Earlier today I went ahead and tagged the current version of the
Hall-D repository as tags/release-2008-04-02. This basically represents
a snapshot of the repository at the end of the Tracking/PID review. I
anticipate continued , fast-paced development over the next few months
so the main trunk will be in a state of flux. As such, folks doing
time-critical work may want to consider using the tagged release (if not
modifying the repository), or working with a branch so that the code
does not change unexpectedly underneath them.

    Also today, I tagged the current state of JANA and made a tarball of
the source that has been posted to the JANA downloads page as
jana_0.2.0.tgz. I am currently trying to implement some of the changes
to JANA that we have been accumulating on our JANA/DANA wiki page for
some time now (see
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/JANA/DANA). Some of
these will be made in conjunction with changes to the main trunk of the
Hall-D repository so folks trying to keep up with the main trunk there
will also need to keep up with the current changes to JANA. I will
attempt to get most of the changes to JANA settled first before making
any changes to the Hall-D repository so as to minimize the impact to
those who like to live on the edge.

Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[