BMS + FORTRAN

Hi Folks,

    I just committed a change to the Makefile system (in src/BMS) and
Makefile.bms in the HDGeant directory. This addresses the issue of
gfortran vs. g77. We are currently in the middle of a transition from
the older GNU fortran compiler g77 to the new GNU fortran compiler
gfortran. Linux distributions that are more than 2-3 years old tend to
have gcc3 and g77 installed while newer systems tend to have gcc4 and
gfortran installed.The availability of gfortran seems to correlate with
whether a system has gcc3 or gcc4 installed.

    The problem was addressed in an ad hoc way previously, but that
solution failed miserably on RHEL5 (thanks to Beni for pointing this
out). The new solution may not yet be bullet-proof so if you run into
problems, let me know along with details as to the type of system you're
using. I have tested this on RHEL5, FC6, Ubuntu6, and Mac OS X 10.4.

   Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[