Re: DTrack_factory_ALT1

Hi Blake,

    Something seems inconsistent in your setup.  The change to JANA
required to fix the error coming from DTrack_factory_ALT1.cc should be
in your 0.4.5 version. This change was made right after the 0.4.4
version. Could it be you have a stale JANA_HOME environment variable
that is not pointing to your newest JANA installation?

    I don't believe you should have to upgrade xerces.

    Your difficulty does actually underline the increased need for
stable releases of the HallD code. I recently started to get more
serious about the versioning system for JANA and it seems it is also
needed for the Hall-D source. I will try checking out and freshly
building both JANA and Hall-D. If it compiles smoothly (or once I fix
it) then I'll tag it and add a release note specifying the JANA version
needed.

Regards,
-David

Blake Leverington wrote:
> Alright, so as I discovered to my surprise the is an older working
> version of the HallD software on the cluster from 2006 that someone
> kindly installed and a brand spanking new version of JANA as it seems
> to update itself so I figured I'd just download the new HDGeant source
> and upgrade that. (I saved the old version) But no luck compiling the
> libraries. It compiles a lot of them but it gets stuck on
> DTrack_factory_ALT1. If this is a JANA version problem, the newest
> version 0.4.5 shouldn't cause this problem, should it? (I checked the
> version with "jana --janaversion") I've pasted the Makefile error
> below. Any ideas? I saw that xerces is version 2.6. Should I attempt
> an upgrade on that too?
>
> Cheers,
> -Blake
>
> g++ -I. -I.. -I../include -I/export/gluex/include
> -I/export/jana/jana_svn_daily_linux/include
> -I/export/xerces/xerces-c-src_2_6_0/include -D_ROOT_ -pthread
> -I/export/root-binaries/include -I/export/root-binaries/include -O2
> -Wall   -c -o DTrack_factory_ALT1.o DTrack_factory_ALT1.cc
> /export/jana/jana_svn_daily_linux/include/JANA/JEventLoop.h: In member
> function
>   `const T* jana::JEventLoop::FindByID(long unsigned int) [with T =
>   DTrackCandidate]':
> DTrack_factory_ALT1.cc:477:   instantiated from here
> /export/jana/jana_svn_daily_linux/include/JANA/JEventLoop.h:392:
> cannot call
>   member function `virtual const char* DTrackCandidate::className()
> const'
>   without object
> make[1]: *** [DTrack_factory_ALT1.o] Error 1
> rm DQuickFit.o DKalmanFilter.o DTrackCandidate_factory_FDCpseudo.o
> DReferenceTrajectory.o DTrackCandidate_factory_CDC.o
> DTrackHit_factory_MC.o DTrack_factory.o DRiemannFit.o
> DTrackCandidate_factory_FDCCathodes.o DHoughFind.o
> DTrackCandidate_factory_THROWN.o DMagneticFieldStepper.o
> DTrackCandidate_factory.o DTrackCandidate_factory_FDC.o
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/gluex/src/libraries/TRACKING'
> make: *** [TRACKING] Error 2

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[