Re: rescaling photon beam rate in hdgeant

Hi Mark,

E_gamma is a cut off energy for bremsstrahlung photons
In order not to generate too much soft beam photons
(the spectrum goes like ~1/E), one can apply this cut.

For instance, if you generate hadronic events, your energy
threshold  should be ~0.15 GeV (pion production) - makes
no sense to lower it.

For the electromagnetic background studies you can now lower
this threshold in the control.in file directly

-----

By default, the rate is normalized to E_gamma = 0.12 GeV  (it was a
hardcoded  value until recently), i.e.,  it corresponds to a beam
photon rate of  ~11 GHz before the collimator (for the lumi of 10^8).
If you lower the energy threshold, the photon rate, indeed, increases.

The value of the threshold to use depends on what exactly you want to
study.

Cheers,
      Sascha