Re: Question on Pythia Background Normalization

On Jul 31, 2008, at 12:32 PM, Alexander Somov wrote:

> (Ideally, it would be nice to tune the signal event generator
> to allow for event generation in some specific energy range rather
> than for a fixed beam energy)

I agree -- do you know if there is a routine that essentially predicts
the probability as a function of energy for photons that interact with
the target?  (This must be somewhere internally in HDGeant.)

If this is available, it would be easy to modify some of the signal
generators we have to draw from this distribution.

-Matt