thread not responding

D Listers,

I made a change to allow my fitter to attempt to fit events with a more
challenging configuration than before. No doubt this is exposing some
pre-existing bug. The failure mode is apparently that a thread is not
reporting signs of life soon enough (see transcript below). Have you
seen this before? Does this mean I have an infinite loop in one thread
or another? Is there a way to increase the time-out period? Have never
dealt with threads so am a bit confused about how to proceed with debugging.

 > fitter_d /u/scratch/marki/piplus_2.0gev.hddm
Reading Magnetic field map from Magnets/Solenoid/solenoid_1500 ...
32481 entries found ( Nx=81 Ny=1 Nz=401 )
Read 840 values from FDC/lorentz_deflections in calibDB
   lorentz_deflections columns (alphabetical): bx bz nx nz x z
Opening source "/u/scratch/marki/piplus_2.0gev.hddm"of type: HDDM
Launching threads Registering FDC factories
 --- Configuration Parameters --
        < all defaults >
.
 Thread 0 hasn't responded in 8 seconds. (run:event=9999:1) Delisting ...
fini called
Caught HUP signal for thread 0xb730db90 thread exiting...
Merging thread 0 ...
 11 events processed. Average rate: 1.4Hz

  -- Mark