Re: various cdc geometries

Hi Richard,
thank you for pointing this out. After having a closed packed geometry
also for the stereo layers
Elton pointed out the fact that having 4 layers all with the same stereo
angle is better in therms of
local efficiency than having only 2 and the other 2 with opposite
angles. So we switched the sign
of some of the layers but missed to also switch the sign of the rotation
around the y-axis that is
required in the stereo layers.

cheers,
Beni

> I took at look at the test CDC geometry called geomD, and there are
> bad overlap problems in the stereo layers.  Layers 14 and 13 are the
> worst, but there are others as well.  This may or may not be related
> to the tracking anomaly you reported in the offline meeting, but it
> should be fixed before doing any further studies with this geometry.
> I have not looked at geomA-geomC.  Have these been checked for overlaps?
>
> Richard J.
>
> David Lawrence wrote:
>>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>>    I'm sorry that we weren't able to hear you during the meeting
>> yesterday. I thought the Polycom/EVO system was working OK, but now
>> that I think about it, everyone else phoned in so we never heard
>> anyone through the vidcon link.
>>
>>    If you wanted to take a look at the geomD problem, you can find it
>> in the repository here:
>>
>> https://halldsvn.jlab.org/repos/trunk/Studies/2008.10.CDC_geom/geomD
>>
>> The other geometries are in sibling directories.
>>
>> Thanks for having a look.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -David
>>
>> Richard Jones wrote:
>>> Dave,
>>>
>>> I will take a look at the geometry D.  Where can I find it in svn?
>>>
>>> -rtj
>>>
>>> ps.  I was present during the offline meeting today, but you did nor
>>> respond.  If you heard a voice calling your name during the meeting
>>> today, do not immediately conclude that you should enter a monastery!

Benedikt Zihlmann
TJNAF
HallD 12C/ F350
Suite 8