trying to reproduce the hdgeant error you reported

Mark,

Unfortunately I cannot find a machine anywhere that is running Fedora 9 that I can use to try and reproduce the error you report.  None of the public machines at Jlab run it, as far as I can tell.  None of the production systems at UConn use it.  I wonder if it is ready for actual use?

But from the log file, I guess that there are basic problems with the build of libgeant321.a that you are using.  Did you build it yourself?  Those errors from ggperp about shape #12 indicate that either the library build is faulty or your geometry has inconsistencies in it.  Your web page does not give me enough information about the geometry to trace it any further than this.  But building cernlib correctly is an art.  If you have not done it before, it is easy to screw up.

Richard J.

http://markito3.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/hdgeant-bug-report/