Re: trying to reproduce the hdgeant error you reported

Richard,

My responses below.

Richard Jones wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Unfortunately I cannot find a machine anywhere that is running Fedora
> 9 that I can use to try and reproduce the error you report.  None of
> the public machines at Jlab run it, as far as I can tell.  None of the
> production systems at UConn use it.  I wonder if it is ready for
> actual use?
I should probably try to reproduce the error on one of our more standard
OS's at the lab. I think Fedora 8 might the best first choice.

> But from the log file, I guess that there are basic problems with the
> build of libgeant321.a that you are using.  Did you build it
> yourself?  Those errors from ggperp about shape #12 indicate that
> either the library build is faulty or your geometry has
> inconsistencies in it.  Your web page does not give me enough
> information about the geometry to trace it any further than this.  But
> building cernlib correctly is an art.  If you have not done it before,
> it is easy to screw up.

I did in fact build cernlib myself and for the first time; so that is an
area of concern. The Fedora 8 cernlib that I would be using would be the
one the Computer Center (IT Division, whatever) is using, so that would
be a difference.

> Richard J.
Thanks for looking at it though.

  -- Mark