Re: Thread 0 hasn't responded in 8 seconds.

Hi Blake,

    Yes and no. The red flashing means that no factory tried to set a
default value for that configuration parameter before event processing
started. Since this is a special parameter used by the framework itself,
the sequencing just happens to not set a default until after the check
is made. So in short that is "normal". It should still work though.

Regards,
-David

Blake Leverington wrote:
> ok, I tried that and it might be working but is it supposed to flash
> in red:
>
> THREAD_TIMEOUT = 30 <-- NO DEFAULT! (TYPO?)
>
> Cheers,
> -Blake
>

> David Lawrence wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>>    If you have JANA version 0.4.8 or later, then try adding the
>> argument -PTHREAD_TIMEOUT=30 to your command line. The 30 is in
>> seconds and you can set it to any value you want but it should be at
>> least 1.0.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -David
>>
>> Tarbert, Claire wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been seeing the same thing running analysis code on the Indiana
>>> cluster.  Any suggestions how to avoid this would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Claire
>>>

>>> ----- Message from leverinb@uregina.ca ---------

>>> ----- End message from leverinb@uregina.ca -----

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[