Re: Problem with FDC hits in new savehits.F

Hi Dave,

Sure, I will take a look.  Can you give me the following information to reproduce the problem?
-Richard Jones

David Lawrence wrote:
4989AEC4.3090703@jlab.org">
Hi Richard,

   I was just about to start some new simulations using the release-2009-01-06 release of the Hall-D software and ran into a problem with the hits from the FDC. It short, it looks like there are very few. I believe the problem is coming from your 1/4/2009 submit of savehits.F. I tried putting a print statement in there at line 180 (just before the check on dEsum that is dune before calling hitForwardDC). It only seemed to get there 2 times for a 7 degree, 1GeV/c  pi+. When I copied over the old savehits.F and put in a similar print statement, I saw the code got to that point 24 times, as expected.

   Could you maybe have another look to see if you can reproduce the problem and if so, provide a fix? I have a attached my control.in file for convenience.

Regards,
-David