------------------------------------

  Date: February 24, 2009
Author: David Lawrence davidl@jlab.org

This release has been compiled on the following systems
with the specified versions:

Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0)
------------
  Xerces 2.7.0
  JANA 0.4.9
  ROOT 5.22/00
  cernlib 2006 (compiled on 10.5 with liblapack3 and libblas)
  gcc/g++  : gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5490)
  gfortran : gcc version 4.2.3

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on i686  32-bit
------------
  Xerces 2.7.0
  JANA 0.4.9
  ROOT 5.18/00
  cernlib 2005 (/apps/cernlib/i386_fc8 on JLab CUE)
  lesstif-devel 0.95.0-20.fc8
  gcc/g++/gfortran :  4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33)

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 on i686  32-bit
------------
  Xerces 2.7.0
  JANA 0.4.9
  ROOT 5.18/00
  cernlib 2005 (/apps/cernlib/i386_rhel5 on JLab CUE)
  gcc/g++/gfortran :  4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)

Summary of changes since last release
This is a summary list made from visually scanning the svn log messages
for the main trunk since the last release. It may be incomplete. See the
entire list of logs below for the complete list of changes.

o  "string" type variables fixed in HDDM

o  TRACKING
   - Re-tooled DParticle, DTrack, and DTrackCandidate factories with
      THROWN tags to make consistent and easier to use for debugging.

   - Added DTrackHitSelector virtual class and corresponding
      DTrackHitSelectorALT1 for hit selection (only used by
      ALT1 fitter at present)

    - General tools added for accessing material map. Two methods
      were implmented. One uses tabulated values read through calibration
      system and the other uses ROOT to in code generated directly
      from XML (see hddsroot.h).

    - Continued development on Kalman filter including better e-loss
      and MULS

    - Copied Mark's LSLM least-squares track fitter to main trunk as
      plugin in src/programs/Analysis/plugins/trkfitterLSLM.

o  Numbering schemes updated for both TOF and FCAL to reflect newly adopted
   convention of having id numbers increase as the coordinate value
    increases.

o  HDParSim program made into hdparsim plugin in:
   src/programs/Simulation/plugins/hdparsim. Protons, pions and photons
    are now smeared using independant tables.

o  Added hddm_cull_events, hddm_merge_events, and hddm_merge_files
   to standard build.

o  Removed hddsGeant3.F from repository. Generation of it is now required
   from the XML source which is in the repository.

o  Fixed/enhanced hd_dump (text viewer) and hdview2 (graphical event
viewer).
   Most notably, hdview2 now draws BCAL and FCAL hits.

-David

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[