More work disk for Hall D

Eugene,

As mentioned in the minutes of the last offline meeting (see link
below), we discussed asking the Computer Center for more work disk space
for Hall D. I wanted to pass the idea past you before actually
submitting a request to the computer center. The argument we plan to
make is written up at
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Hall_D_Work_Disk_Request
. If this seems reasonable to you, I will send something to Sandy Philpott.

   -- Mark

Find them at
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/May_20%2C_2009_Software
and attached.

May 20, 2009 Software Meeting Minutes

   JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann

Review of [22]Last Meeting's Minutes

     * Matt Shepherd suggested an addition to our Monte Carlo scheme to
       Mark that should be added to the list of new projects. In general
       terms he advocates having all random-number generated processes
       (smearing in particular) occur at a stage before the reconstruction
       program and to have this intermediate stage serialized. That way
       reconstruction results can be run with no dependence on program
       execution history on an event-by-event basis.
     * Sascha just checked in the change dropping the Cerenkov from the
       default geometry.
     * Variable z-position of particle launch position in particle gun
       should be added to the action item list.
     * Mark and Sascha just checked in changes to the src/libraries/HDDM
       make scheme to use event.xml (the HDDM template file) as the
       authority for the data model. All derived files will be generated
       at make time.

New Build

   Mark [24]announced a new build this week. It does not include recent
   geometry changes to the CDC and FDC by design. We agreed that yet
   another new build, including these changes, is needed soon.

FDC Geometry Changes

   Simon summarized his [26]recent changes to the FDC geometry. There was
   an extensive update of the dimensions and materials to bring them into
   line with the current design. Also the gap between the FDC and the CDC
   was reduced.

Work Disk Increase Request

   Mark presented a [28]proposal for an increase of our work disk space,
   for presentation to the Computer Center. Those present thought that it
   was reasonable. Mark will discuss it with Eugene next.

Retrieved from
  http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/May_20%2C_2009_Software