Request for additional work space for Hall D

In recent months we have run out of space on our works disk from time to
time. Our activity generating and reconstructing simulated data is
ramping up. We discussed the situation in the Hall D Offline Meeting and
we would like request more space. Our current allocation is 2.7 TB. We
request that this be increased to 5 TB as soon as possible and that the
total be increased to about 10 TB over the next year.

Once in operation, the GlueX detector will generate a large volume of
data. To be ready to analyze real data once it comes in we will have to
generate large amounts of simulated data to develop and test all the of
necessary tools well in advance of the arrival of real data. As we
approach operations we will likely need an amount of space equal to or
exceeding the amount used by Hall B (about 35 TB). Recall that raw data
is generally not stored on the work disks in any case, work space is
used for intermediate files needed to analyze raw or simulated data. The
fact that GlueX has not taken real data yet does not imply our current
disk needs are insignificant. We note that this request is quite modest
when compared to the total amount of work disk space deployed at present.