Re: fresh checkout and compile

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking at this.  I see the chicken and egg problem.  Of
course having all this done automatically (or having the HDDM and HDDS
packages separated out) would be ideal, but having the user take a few
extra steps isn't absolutely terrible either, as long as its
documented, imo.

Thanks,
Ryan