Re: file size limit exceeded

Hello all,

There are no file size limits in HDDM, apart from those issuing from the
OS/filesystem on which the file is being written.  I know there is no
2GB cutoff because I routinely exceed that limit.  The design of HDDM
has unlimited stream length because it is sequential access.  Some
people, myself included, like to write out ntuples as a side-effect of
the simulation, either to monitor conditions in the simulation or do
special simulation studies.  If you are looking at the size of the hbook
file produced in the simulation, I know that hbook has a hard 2GB
filesize limit.  Is that what you are running into?

-Richard Jones

David Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Blake,
>
>     I'm not aware of this functionality being built into HDDM as an
> automatic feature, but Richard would know for sure so I'll let him
> comment. My only comments would be that I tend to define the number of
> events per job based on how quickly I want the job done so time is the
> independent variable for me.
>
> Regards,
> -David

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature