Re: bintree.c:33

Blake,

I explained this a couple of days back.  The bintree package is what
accumulates the hits according to detector segment and spits them out in
some predefined order (eg., ordered by wire, layer, package, etc.).
Each hit is assigned a "mark" which is a hash of its
wire,layer,package,sector,... indices.  This forms a 32-bit integer that
is used to order the hits.  You should never have a mark=0.  If you do,
either a hit was registered with invalid indices or a memory corruption
has occurred.

Does that help?  Do you want help debugging?  I can trace it for you if
you set up a web page with all of the details sufficient for me to
reproduce the problem.

-Richard J.

Blake Leverington wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Any idea what this error means?
>
> "hdgeant: bintree.c:33: getTwig: Assertion `node->mark >= 0' failed.
> Abort"
>
> Cheers,
> -Blake

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature